Here are her responses:
How long have you been a blogger?
I’ve been blogging since March 2010. So a little over a year now.
Approximately, how many books do you read every year?
I read roughly around 120 books – 160 books a year.
What were your favourite books as a child?
Hard one. Harry Potter and Little Women.
What are you reading at the moment?
Monster High : The Ghoul Next Door by Lisi Harrison.
If you had to pick one, what’s the best book you’ve read in the last twelve months?
Tough. I’ve read so many great book in the past twelve months (not that I can remember every single one of them) but I recently read Divergent by Veronica Roth and it’s one of those books that I keep going back and re-reading passages so that holds some significance!
Who are you three favourite authors?
Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments) , Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy) and Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss)
Which book has had the greatest impact on your life?
Entangled by Cat Clarke. One of the most touching novels I have read!
Which books are you most eagerly anticipating?
The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris, Legend by Marie Lu, Reckoning by Lili St Crow and a few others!
If you had to invite some book characters round for dinner, who would you choose and why?
Jace from Mortal Instruments – funniest guy EVER, Damon from Vampire Diaries – hot, hot, hot, Hermione from Harry Potter – for some educated talk, Trise and Four from Divergent – they’re my new best friends, and Katniss from The Hunger Games – she’s someone I admire.
What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- Really make an effort to present your blog, presentation is just as important as content. Make it so that it’s easy for readers to find what they’re looking for whether it be a review or contact information. A neat and tidy blog is more likely to attract attention then one that’s poorly put together.
- Sign up for blog hops! They’re a great way to meet new bloggers, discover new blogs and get your blog discovered! When I first started my blog, Friday Blog Hop was great fun!
- Don’t worry too much about followers. They come with time, you’re not going to instantly get followers the moment your blog goes live.
- Don’t expect to get review request straight away. Most bloggers don’t get review request til 6 months into their blog!
- Have fun! Don’t make it feel like a task!
Which other book blogs do you recommend?
Lisa is the 16th book blogger to have completed our Q&A. Have a look at the responses of other book bloggers.