Here are her responses:
How long have you been a blogger?
Nearly 9 months I believe, feels like I have been doing it forever though! (In a good way)
Approximately, how many books do you read every year?
Well I actually only started to read lots around April last year but this year it’s looking like it’s going to be around 100.
What were your favourite books as a child?
Being honest, I don’t have any books which stand out a lot. I know most people mention fairy tales but there isn’t any for me. I did love Hanging on to Max by Margaret Bechard when I was around 12.
What are you reading at the moment?
Amy and Rogers Epic Detour – Morgan Matson
If you had to pick one, what’s the best book you’ve read in the last twelve months?
Die For Me – Amy Plum purely because Paris (the setting) became a character in itself and I have never met an author who managed that.
Stolen – Lucy Christopher because Lucy managed to make a villain also a ‘hero’. Well not a hero, but a person who seemed ‘good.’
Or Delirium, Deadly Little Lies … I can’t choose!! Mainly those I guess.
Who are you three favourite authors?
Well I am going to pick authors where I have read at least two of their books because I don’t think I can judge with just one book.
In no order :
- Kate Cann – But sadly I am not interested in her new stuff. I like her old books.
- Cecelia Ahern – Just …WOW!!
- Maggie Stiefvater because she had such a big impact on what genres I now read. Shiver was the first paranormal book I read and is why I now love paranormal.
- I wish l could say Lauren Oliver as Delirium was amazing but sadly her first book was average for me.
Which book has had the greatest impact on your life?
Delirium and Bitter End both had big impacts on me. Bitter End showed me why people do stay through stuff and that will stay with me forever. Delirium made me think and think hard but it isn’t something I still think about a lot.
Which books are you most eagerly anticipating?
Wolfsbane, Silence, Forever, Dreamless, Pandemonium – They are ones which are either 2nd or 3rd in a series, I will stop at those!
If you had to invite some book characters round for dinner, who would you choose and why?
I really don’t know! Any character who has made me laugh and has a good sense of humour.
What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t feel pressure to review new books! SO many times I have spoke to bloggers who feel they need to be getting new books constantly. I actually love blogs who review older books as I am less likely to have heard of them.
Stick to what you want to do also is a big one.
Which other book blogs do you recommend?
This is hard as I love so many blogs! But here are my main ones, I am sorry if I forgot anyone =(
- Karen, a good friend, from http://www.theslowestbookworm.com/
- Carmel – http://www.rabidreads.com/
- Small Review – http://smallreview.blogspot.com
- Jess – http://jessheartsbooks.blogspot.com/
- Leanna – http://daisychainbookreviews.blogspot.com/
- Donna & Jess – http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/